- Uses automated vulnerability analysis to ensure mission assurance for space-based systems
- Is designed to support real-time, live or simulated data, or offline for analyticalstudies, training and exercise activitie
- Provides a software engine with timedynamic web-based displays thatinclude color coded visualization andoutput for ease of sharing SOTA results
Assess vulnerability to safeguard your space assets.
Space Object Threat Assessment (SOTA) helps you determine the risk of a threat object targeting another object. It provides a measure of vulnerability (called the Vanguard Number) that characterizes how likely a specific action is and how soon it could happen. You can conduct this vulnerability analysis quickly and simultaneously for all operational assets to provide mission assurance for any space-based system. This analysis supports all orbit regimes: LEO to LEO, GEO to GEO, LEO to GEO, and everything in between.
SOTA decreases risk to satellite missions and increases survivability against threats by assessing a space object’s vulnerability to another object’s actions or events
SOTA software leverages COMSPOC’s pedigree software to assess vulnerability of any space object due to the action of another ground-or space-based object. SOTA provides analytical output and 3D visualization in a web-based display. Allow SOTA to make your mission critical studies, training, operations or exercise events more effective.
The Space Object Threat Assessment (SOTA) product:
- Model threatening events using accurate physics-based modeling
- Perform assessmentsin various modes (one-on-one, one-on-all, all-on-one, all-on-all) then rank orders of potential threats
- Analyze dynamic web-based displays and textual reports
SOTA provides a measure of vulnerability (or likelihood) of a threat object targeting another object using a Vanguard number. The Vanguard vulnerability metric can be configured to use different to support specific CONOPS.
The vulnerability assessments can be synchronized to run in current time or in the future to predict vulnerabilities for future exercise execution. SOTA can also be used to support near real time assessments based on latest available data.
SOTA provides a variety of outputs, including:
- 3D surface, contour and heatmapplots
- CSV and text-based data files that contain state vector and delta-V information for the vulnerabilities
- CZML files for each specific encounter that can easily beviewed in cesium
3D visualization that provides time-dynamic color coded vulnerability, indicating low or high threats, and to visualize the orbits of the space objects.
- Orbital intercept
- Plane matching
- Proximity Operations